Friday, July 3, 2020

INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN ENGLISH

Tell me about yourself: How to introduce yourself in English

One of physical contact has been made a verbal greeting is appropriate. There are many different ways to give a greeting and introduce yourself for formal settings.
The one that I prefer is the following:
  • My name is Tomy. How do you do?
Here are some other ways of greeting and introducing yourself:
  • Hello. I am Tomy.
  • Hello. My name is Tomy.
  • Good (morning, afternoon or evening), my name is Tomy.
Generally, other people will respond and give your their name as well.
If they don’t give their name, then you should ask them.
Here are some different ways of asking others for their name in a formal setting:
  • May I have your name?
  • What is your name?
  • You are…?
  • I didn’t catch your name.
As a rule, we should always be polite when meeting new people. Shakehand is always appropriate, but you might need to adapt to what the other person insists on doing.
There are many different ways to give a greeting and introduce yourself for informal settings.
The one that I prefer is the following:
  • Hi! My name is Tomy.
Here are some other ways of greeting and introducing yourself:
  • Hi. I am Tomy.
  • Hello there. I’mTomy
  • What’s up. My name is Tomy.

Generally, other people will respond and give your their name as well, if they don’t give their name, you should ask them.
Here are some informal ways of asking for their name:
  • What’s yours?
  • Yours?
  • And you?
After anyone gives you their name for the first time, you should say it back to them.
This should be done regardless if the setting is formal or informal.
The way to say their name back to them could be one of the following:
  • It is nice to meet you Irma.
  • Nice to meet you Irma.
  • Well, Irma, welcome
  • It is a pleasure to meet you Irma.
From this point, the conversation is up to you. You can ask questions about how they know your friend or someone might mention something about their work. You could ask a question about that.
When a conversation happens it would look like this:
  • Hello... 
  • Hi.
  •  Are you enjoying the Cafe?
  • Yes, it is okay.
  •  I am Tomy, what is your name?
  • My name is Irma. 
  • Irma, where do you come from?
  • I come from Jakarta, and you? 
  • I am from Surabaya. How long have you been in the City?
  • I have been for just 3 days
  • Are you here for fun or Recreation?
  • I am here for visiting my grandma. 
  • Do you want to go get some Ice tea?
  • Sure, that’s sounds great!
More for you 
If someone asks you to introduce yourself in a meeting situation, then the response is a little more complicated.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment